To provide coordination and implementation of program requirements for transitional age service recipients. Help people develop skills to overcome barriers to successful living. Maintain center operations including cleanliness, organization, and street outreach efforts.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Uphold center values and hold self and center guests accountable for the adherence to those values
- Assist administration in site monitoring, making observations, and collecting and recording center data
- Collect data for outcome-based center goals and objectives
- Collaborate with community groups to ensure efficient delivery of services and wrap-around support
- Interview participants, family members, and other interested parties to assess needs for service; gather and evaluate information regarding employment history, housing situation, physical functioning, financial status, capacity for independent living, and availability of domestic services; evaluates concerns and observes behavior; develops service plans, and establishes case files
- Assist youth with acquiring available resources, working on barriers to employment, independent living skills, and other areas involving defined problems or concerns; explain procedures, rights, and responsibilities
- Assist clients in identifying and obtaining basic services needed for independent living; identify and make referrals to a variety of public and community agencies providing food, shelter, clothing, medical, educational, and other services; schedule appointments; act as client advocate in obtaining services.
- Conduct appointed outreach assignments to engage youth and bring them into the center
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a four-year college degree with a focus in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or related field preferred. Experience with youth preferred.